Class Bookings Now Open!
Ballet For Seniors Classes 55+ years
Do you have a love for dance and music?
Whether you have a little prior dance experience or none at all, relish in a Ballet for Seniors class full of expressive movement that will uplift your well-being, improve your core strength, lengthen your posture and enjoy moving gracefully to inspiring classical music.
Discover the magic of ballet in an enriching dance experience with ballet classes that focus on improving your flexibility, stabilising your balance, and increasing your spatial awareness.
City Adult Ballet welcome dancers aged 55 years and above of all abilities and fitness levels to join a nurturing community that encourages social interaction with like-minded dance enthusiasts.
Here’s what some of our dancers say about our classes:
“If you want to find joy in ballet as an adult, these are the classes to attend!”
“City Adult Ballet offers a unique opportunity to learn to dance from passionate professional dancers who have worked all over the world. Learning to dance has been a life-changing experience for me and for that, I will always be thankful I chose these classes!”
“A really positive and supportive environment, great for all levels particularly those who are coming back after (many years) break or those who want to try something new.”
“The quality of teachers is exceptional and even I can see how much I’ve improved from week to week under their expert guidance.”
Your teacher is City Adult Ballet principal teacher, Jane Casson who has been teaching ballet for over 18 years.
A former professional ballet dancer from 1998 – 2009 with The Australian Ballet and the Royal New Zealand Ballet, Jane loves working with older dancers, enabling them to thrive in the studio helping them to build a sense of independence, self-confidence and well-being when they dance.
Jane understands the importance of regular physical activity and its role in improving muscular strength, bone, and joint health for adult dancers, and how movement is proven to help improve your balance, coordination and control.
Jane is excited to support you in your dance journey going forward and looks forward to welcoming you to the dance studio.
BALLET FOR SENIORS Classes at City Adult Ballet
(Click on the address above to access Google Maps)
Please note: There are a set of stairs required to ascend to Level 1 of the studios.
* Thursday 29 July 2021 at 9:45 am – 10:45 am
* Thursday 5 August 2021 at 9:45 am – 10:45 am
* Thursday 12 August 2021 at 9:45 am – 10:45 am
* Thursday 19 August 2021 at 9:45 am – 10:45 am
* Thursday 26 August 2021 at 9:45 am – 10:45 am
* Thursday 2 September 2021 at 9:45 am – 10:45 am
All 6 x Thursday Ballet for Senior classes: TOTAL $132
($22 per class – Save $24)
1 x Thursday Ballet for Senior class: TOTAL $26
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
Please note, new safety protocols have been put in place at the Ministry of Dance studios to ensure the safety of all of our dancers and staff:
- Upon arrival please head through to the Ministry of Dance’s reception area on Level 1, where there will be a check-in warden to help sign you in.
- All dancers will need to sign in and scan a QR code – or you can choose to leave your details manually.
- You will then be directed to the changing facilities/studio.
- Seating in the hallway has been temporarily removed and additional sanitisation procedures will be in place.
- Your dance studio will be available to enter 15-minutes before class commencement.
- Following your class, please ensure you exit the building directly after class.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell. Thank you.
There is free 2 – 4-hour on-street parking available on Sutton Street, Mark Street, Alfred Street, and Boundary Road.
Please allow additional time for parking and to be in the studio at least 5 minutes before your class starts.
WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING:
You may simply wear a short or long sleeved T-shirt, warm top and sweatpants. You may also choose to wear a leotard and tights in class but this is not mandatory. It is important that you wear something that allows you to move freely and that you feel comfortable in!
For footwear, ballet flats are preferred, otherwise, if you do not have ballet shoes, cotton socks can be worn. We suggest if you have long hair, to have this tied up off your face so you can move gracefully through the studio space.
Other than a water bottle (no glass bottles please) and a sweat towel if required, there is nothing else you need to bring other than a love of dance and a willingness to learn!